Connect with us

Chelsea

Revealed! Chelsea’s plan for Fikayo Tomori

Published

on

Respected transfer journalist has revealed that Chelsea does not want AC Milan will sign Fikayo Tomori on a permanent deal next summer transfer window.

The young lad is on the verge of joining the Serie A giants on loan but the deal has an option of a buy at the end of the season.

Virtually all the major sources are reporting that Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara want Tomori to be the third player to sign for Milan this month after Soualiho Meite from Torino and striker Mario Mandzukic.

When he was asked about Fikayo Tomori who set to arrive on loan with an option to buy. The director, of course, didn’t confirm the deal but also didn’t rule it out, instead stating they have followed him for a while.

Advertisement

“Between the almost signed and the signed things change. It’s a creative market. If we follow him and tried to take him even a few months ago, it means that we have seen in him some characteristics that are right for us.”

The Respected journalist said “Chelsea hope AC Milan won’t pay the €30m to buy Tomori next summer because they want him back,”

Asked to address the centre-back’s impending switch to Milan, Lampard insisted that Chelsea will do what is best to ensure that he can go on and fulfil his potential as his career progresses.

“I don’t think there’s any ‘when did it start to go wrong’, Fikayo’s a developing player. As a squad, we had four centre-backs last year, and you can’t play four in one game,” Lampard told a press conference on Monday.

“And you try to find consistency at different times. At one point Fikayo was in that, and then later on not so much. And this year we have five centre-backs, so the predicament is difficult for centre-backs who are not playing regularly.

Advertisement

“And that’s why he may go out on loan for his development, he’s a young player and he’s had a huge rise in the last two or so seasons since I’ve been working with him, and that will continue, and we’ll find the best path for that.”

Chelsea

Tuchel gives reasons why he might drop Lukaku from subsequent starting 11

Published

on

Romelu Lukaku

There are indications that Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel could avoid Romelu Lukaku from his starting 11 in the coming games after his latest claim.

According to the Blues manager, the Belgium striker is mentally tired because he has been “overplayed”, hence he could be handed time to rest from games.

Thomas Tuchel made this claim on Tuesday when he spoke on the bid by the club’s record signing seeks to end his frustrating goal drought.

It would be recalled that the 28-year-old had an impressed start of his stay at Chelsea after his £97 million move but he has dropped in his form and has

Advertisement

Tuchel, who spoke ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League match against Swedish side Malmo, said his players were still adjusting to having Lukaku in the team.

“This will increase every day because we are in the process of adapting to each other,” he said. “In the moment, in my opinion, I feel Romelu is a bit overplayed.

“I think he played too many competitions over the summer, too many competitions with the national team. Now he plays the Nations League (Belgium finished fourth at the finals earlier this month).”

“It means a lot for him to play for his country so he takes it really seriously,” he added.

Advertisement

“If that does not work well he always puts it on his shoulders, he thinks about it, he reflects about it and I feel he is a bit mentally tired, not like hugely that we have a concern.”

Continue Reading

Arsenal

Tammy Abraham ‘fits the bill’ as an Arsenal signing, says Winterburn

Published

on

tammy

With Arsenal interested in the signature of Chelsea striker, Tammy Abraham, they have been told by their hero, Nigel Winterburn that the England international fits the profile of a potential signing for the club.

Tammy Abraham looks set to leave Chelsea this summer as the Blues continue their pursuit of Erling Haaland. He is also out of favour at the club with lack of playing time. He earned 22 Premier League appearances last term, scoring six goals which is not enough for him.

Reacting to the news, Winterburn said (via Goal): “He certainly would fit the bill of recent Arsenal signings, young with a point to prove.

“People will question his consistency but what you want is for these young players to get a run in the team.

Advertisement

“Is he going to get a run in a team if Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is playing well? Probably not unless Aubameyang can be switched to the left-hand side – although you then need to leave out either Nicolas Pepe or Bukayo Saka.

“With Abraham, there’s potential there and development for a young, young player. So, I think it’s an option [for] Arsenal, although with Alexandre Lacazette being linked with a move away, it could be just a name that has been thrown into a hat.”

He will replace French striker, Alexandre Lacazette who is also opened to leaving the Emirates Stadium for £15 million after scoring 17 goals in all competitions last season.

When asked about Lacazette, Winterburn continued: “Arsenal shouldn’t sell Lacazette unless they’ve got an upgrade in place. I wouldn’t let him go until we have secured another striker. I’ve said that all along.

Advertisement

“Lacazette is a different striker to anything Arsenal have at the club. When he’s in top form, he holds the ball up well, his link-up play is good.

“I suppose his strike rate is not the very, very best of what you want, but then we are not at the very, very top of the league either at the moment as well.

“So personally, at the moment, I don’t want to see him go, unless we’ve got someone coming in that’s going to excite me.

“I wouldn’t let him go and then we haven’t got anybody else to bring in. For me, that’s just way too risky.”

Advertisement

He’s been linked with a surprise move across London. Reports have suggested Arsenal are monitoring his situation and could make an offer if Chelsea decide to leave him leave.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Good news for Chelsea fans, Dortmund wants to sell Erling Haaland

Published

on

Erling Haaland

According to McGarry Dortmund are willing to sell but will only accept a cash fee of €150 million which could be difficult for the Blues to invest but this is the time for club owner, Roman Abramovich to showcase his wealth and prove he really ants Erling Haaland as widely reported.

Speaking on the Transfer Window Podcast earlier this week, McGarry said: “Elsewhere on Chelsea’s list of course, as we’ve consistently reported ahead of anyone else, is their interest in Erling Haaland.

“The Borussia Dortmund striker has an outrageous record of goals per game in terms of ratio.

“It’s our understanding that Timo Werner, who it’s safe to say did not enjoy a very good debut season at Stamford Bridge, was offered as part of a deal for Haaland.

Advertisement

“Therefore, obviously, negating part of the fee in terms of the quite substantial amount Dortmund are quoting for Haaland in excess of €150m at this point.

“I’m told that Werner unlike [Kai] Havertz hasn’t adapted well to life in England. He has not assimilated himself necessarily very well. He’s an introverted character. Havertz is extroverted. Even though he has the safety net of having Havertz as an international team-mate and other players like Antonio Rudiger, it just hasn’t happened for him.

“I’m told Dortmund want cash only. That’s not really a surprise Werner was offered because the club know they’ve got a difficult task ahead of them to get him into form and the player himself needs to convince himself that is going to happen for him.”

Meanwhile, Chelsea are offering Timo Werner as part of deal to land the Norwegian striker as manager Thomas Tuchel has made the 21-year-old his top target in a bid to bolster his attacking options ahead of his first full season in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Advertisement

Timo Werner scored six goals and made eight assists in 35 games in the Premier League for Chelsea FC last season but Thomas Tuchel is not convinced of his attacking influence.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

How Liverpool fans react to Callum’s transfer rumours

Published

on

Chelsea star, Callum Hudson-Odoi has been tipped to leave the Stamford Bridge before the transfer window shuts and Liverpool fans have been discussing the prospect of the winger heading to Anfield.

Jurgen Klopp has only made one signing and Reds supporters are still hoping there will be a last-gasp addition of Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, who has been mentioned as a possible option for Jurgen Klopp’s side.

The England winger has gone down the pecking order in Thomas Tuchel’s squad and could move away from Stamford Bridge before the deadline passes.

Learning of the interest and possible move, the fans have gushed to the social media to talk about it.

Advertisement

Some believe he would be a solid acquisition.

@indykalia: “Anyone think Callum Hudson-Odoi would be perfect for Liverpool?”

@kop_for_ever: “At this point our fanbase will say yes to any forward other than Origi”

@okekemezie1: “He is good. Just needs to find a good environment and coach for him. Remember two years ago Bayern wanted to pay big money for him, [they] wanted him badly.”

Advertisement

@SamuelLFC: “I’d take any attacker at this point”

@LFCryan_: “Would be a great signing. Being used poorly by Chelsea and I still believe has the talent to be one of Englands best players in the future. When he was a youth player he was miles ahead of the other players.”

However, a number of Reds fans are unsure as to whether or not Hudson-Odoi is the right kind of profile.

@KopDXB19: “Doesn’t suit our system as he plays in Mo [ Salah ]’s position. He prefers to go on the outside and get crosses in for a type of striker we just don’t have!”

Advertisement

@AndrewH48696976: “Personally I would prefer we make a big offer for Raphinha (now that Leeds are signing Dan James). Raphinha more a Liverpool type player with pace, dribbling skills and can finish.”

@medical_photo: “If he can’t get near Chelsea’s first 11 how on earth would he get near Liverpool’s? He needs to go to someone like Southampton and play 30 – 40 games in a row so it can be seen if he is a player with real potential or a player who used to have potential.”

@JpNOkwuba: ” Is he different, or better than Ox? I feel we should go for a player capable of going straight into the team, a player that can confidently play instead of Mane or Salah. I’m not sure that player is Odoi.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Billy Gilmour told why Chelsea loan exit is good

Published

on

Billy Gilmour, who has left Chelsea on loan to Norwich, will return to the Scotland side, on Wednesday for the first time since his Euro 2020 Covid-19 heartache.

The 20-year-old was man-of-the-match on his first international start during the goalless draw with England at Wembley in June.

The Chelsea loanee has started each of Norwich’s three Premier League fixtures this season – in which they are yet to pick up a point – but national-team boss Steve Clarke believes the exposure will benefit the midfielder, who appeared just 11 times for the Blues last season.

‘It’s good to see Billy playing regularly,’ said Clarke ahead of his side’s World Cup qualifier against Denmark.

Advertisement

‘Obviously, his team has had a tough start, but I think it’ll be good for his development to play in a side which doesn’t have 70-per-cent possession and all of the best players on the pitch.

‘It’s going to be a good year for Billy in terms of his education. He’s a good player, he’ll adapt to the situation and learn from it.

‘When he played for us against England at Wembley during the Euros, he was fresh and his legs were good for 65-70 minutes and then they fell off a little bit.

‘Going into this game, he’s had a full pre-season with Norwich and he’s played the majority of the minutes in all of their games. He’ll be fine. He’s a great addition to what we already have in midfield.

Advertisement

‘I think it’s credit to Billy’s abilities that they didn’t loan him out when he was 17 or 18, they kept him in the squad and kept working with him,’

Clarke added that ‘I spoke to Frank Lampard a number of times about him and he loved him. He hasn’t had the same opportunities since Thomas Tuchel took over, but I’m not knocking him because he’s gone in there and done a great job.

‘We (Clarke and Gilmour) had a little chat over the course of the summer when we were together. Billy was driving it, he was saying he needed to play. It’s going to be interesting.

‘I watched his first game against Liverpool at Carrow Road. He’s going to have to adapt his game, he’s going to have to find a different game.

Advertisement

‘Sometimes the challenge is to play against the best players every week and play against a team that’s better than you.’

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Former Chelsea player can’t wait to get started with new club

Published

on

New West Ham United signing Kurt Zouma ‘can’t wait’ to start with his new club, he had said .

The 26-year-old defender has joined the London club on a four-year deal as they head into the break unbeaten after three Premier League matches.

David Moyes’ side will return to action with a trip to Southampton on Saturday, September 11 and Zouma will be hoping to be in the squad for that match.

“It wasn’t very, very long. The conversation went very fast and I just felt like he really wanted me to come and join the team, especially a good team that started the season very, very well, and seriously the team is very, very good and I’m very happy to join this club. I can’t wait to start,” Zouma said

Advertisement

“Obviously with the great season that West Ham had last year, that gave the team a lot of confidence to improve this year and hopefully I want to help the team keep doing that.

“I’m really looking forward to it. I know the atmosphere there is great and it’s always been good and it’s always been a difficult place to play too [as a visiting player], and now I want to help the fans and give everything for the fans too.”

“Very, very good. Like I said, last year West Ham was doing great and qualified for the Europa League. I mean, it was well deserved too and hopefully this year we can improve too and be a better team,” he added.

Chelsea will definitely move on from Kurt Zouma as they are now seeking to land another defender, Jukes Kounde as a replacement with manager Thomas Tuchel hinting that the summer transfer window is not over for the West Londoners after bringing in Belgium striker, Romelu Lukaku from Inter Milan.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea in negotiation with target loved by fans

Published

on

Chelsea are working hard force through the late signing of Atletico Madrid star Saul Niguez with Marina Granovskaia is in charge of transfer business over at Stamford Bridge.

Football journalist Fabrizio Romano has claimed negotiations with Atletico are ongoing as Chelsea look to ‘force’ a deal.

Writing in his Benchwarmers column, he said: “Manchester United had other possible signings in mind, but Kieran Trippier is not on the way as the club has decided to retain Diogo Dalot after AC Milan, Sevilla and Borussia Dortmund approaches this summer.

“Manchester United have also had contacts for Saul with Atletico Madrid but without finding any agreement yet: Chelsea are forcing on this deal after a buy option loan offer that has not yet been accepted so far.

Advertisement

“Talks ongoing.”

Romano also provided an update on Jules Kounde’s situation, too.

And he claims that Chelsea are in ‘constant contacts’ with Sevilla for the France international as the clock ticks down.

“Chelsea also want to try to buy a new centre-back: constant contacts in these hours for Jules Koundé, the ready offer was €50million but Sevilla have no intention of accepting this figure: the negotiation continues with confidence to reach an agreement, Kounde already has an agreement for more than a month with Chelsea on personal terms until June 2026 but still no green light from Sevilla,” he said.

Advertisement

With Chelsea in a battle against time, whether they’re able to land Saul or Kounde remains to be seen.

And, speaking after their draw with Liverpool on Sunday, Tuchel admitted ‘all eyes are open’.

“We still have some ideas and we are trying,” he said.

“And not all decisions are taken regarding also our squad. There are some negotiations going on and we are aware of all the situations.

Advertisement

“But also I’m happy with the squad as it is, and I have a lot of confidence we are absolutely competitive on a high level.

“But all eyes are open, we are aware of all situations and you never know in football.”
That’s after Tuchel previously admitted he wasn’t entirely happy with the size of his Chelsea squad.

“I am absolutely happy with our squad and the alternatives we have,” he said.

“It’s not too big a squad, we were missing Christian Pulisic today and that meant everybody else was in the squad.

Advertisement

“That means we maybe don’t have the biggest squad but that we have a very competitive squad in all positions.

“This, on one hand, is necessary because we play a lot of competitions and we play the World Club Cup in December.

“We also played very long last season and there was the Euros and Copa America.

“So if we want to compete we need this level. But at the same time, it’s also important we’re a strong group, this was maybe the key for the last half a year. We played with a strong bond and a great team spirit.

Advertisement

“This is a challenge for the team and for me to create this atmosphere again. And that everybody is ready to take hard decisions and keep pushing the team.

“If we do this we can achieve more than we have.”

Continue Reading

Chelsea

How Chelsea no longer serve as threat with Cristiano Ronaldo, Gary Neville’s fear erased

Published

on

Gary Neville was initially scared that Man United will not be able to compete with Chelsea, especially after the Blues invested in the signature of Romelu Lukaku but that has been erased.

This is after the Red Devils signed Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus to give Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side “a temporary shot in the arm

Cristiano Ronaldo scored 118 goals in 292 games in his first spell at Old Trafford between 2003 and 2009, United know what to expect from him – and Neville is excited by his arrival.

“This is one of the most special players that has ever lived – forget Manchester United, it’s one of the greats of all time,” he said on the Sky Sports’ Transfer show.

Advertisement

“I said the other day United should be in for [Harry] Kane if he was available, or [Erling] Haaland, these types of players.

“To get above Manchester City and Chelsea, they’re going to have to do something big, and this could give them a temporary shot in the arm to get them right up there this year.”

“I was a little bit fearful watching Chelsea last weekend, knowing City are going to be strong, Liverpool have [Virgil] van Dijk back, that United could improve but finish in a lower position,” he said.

“But this news gives me more hope that they can have a great season.”

Advertisement

“Ronaldo will be coming to win trophies, personal accolades, set the Premier League on fire,” he added.

“It is a different Ronaldo, everyone expected that. But he is a number nine, someone who still has that burst over short distances, he makes great runs inside the box, has anticipation of where the ball’s going to drop, and he gives United something they need.”

Ronaldo has won seven league titles during his career – three of which came with United – and will be aiming for an eighth this season.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending