Connect with us

Manchester United

Ole Gunnar confirms the players that will leave Old Trafford this January

Published

on

Man United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that fans could see a number of players leave the club before the end of this January winter transfer window.

While describing them as fringe players, there are suggestions that Jesse Lingard and Brandon Williams will be one of them.

So far, the Red Devils boss has sanctioned the exit of defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah to German Bundesliga outfit Bayer Leverkusen this month but that is not finished yet despite few days left to the close of the window.

Other players expected to announce their exit for a new club are Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero as they have been told their deals will not be extended. Home-grown full-back Williams could also move out temporarily has in search of first-team football.

Jesse Lingard has also been talked about, having won just three appearances this season. He is attracting interests from several clubs from home and abroad, we expected one to happen soon.

Asked about the situation with Williams and Lingard, Solskjaer said: “They’re still part of the club, part of the squad, training well. No deal has been struck for any of the players yet going out – still a little period left, of course.

“There’s been many clubs interested in our players, so let’s see what happens. For me, it’s also important to take our wishes and our plans into consideration but also the players of course because they are Man United people and players through and through.”

Meanwhile, Odion Ighalo has confirmed his exit from the Red Devils for a return to Shanghai Shenhua when his contract expires on January 30, while teenager Facundo Pellistri is close to a loan deal.

“There has been talks and there’s been quite a few clubs interested in Facundo to go out on loan and that’s maybe something we will let him do now,” said Solskjaer, who completed a deal for Atalanta teenager Amad Diallo this month.

“He’s had a few games in the reserves. We want him to have regular football, of course, at a high level of course.

“With Amad, I think it’s a different scenario. He’s just come in, he’s going through a good training regime and training programme and he’s doing well. It won’t be too long, I feel, before I can bring him into the squad.”

Manchester United

Solskjaer given transfer orders

Published

on

Man United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has reportedly given an order to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to offload a trio of players if he must land a new central defender.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been keen on a central defender to partner Harry Maguire after he failed to invest in that area in the last summer transfer window. Now they have reportedly set their eyes on Jules Kounde from Spanish La Liga outfit Sevilla.

The Red Devils have been told that Jules Kounde will cost them a £60 m fee which means they will have to cash in from the sale of some players before anything positive can happen.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has, therefore, been instructed by Ed Woodward to do away with three out-of-favour players at Old Trafford.

The club outcast, Sergio Romero tops the list alongside Phil Jones. There are assurances that the first duo could leave before the end of the transfer deadline.

Jules Kounde is also on the radar of other clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus which means Man United must do more to be able to land him.

Sergio Romero has already told the club he wants to leave after going down the pecking order.

He was stopped from a move to Everton in the summer and his wife blasted the club for that “Sergio Romero worked hard for his club.

The last trophy they won, they lifted it with him. He helped the team [reach] 4 finals/semifinals, and then he was left on the bench only to lose them all. It is time to return the opportunity and let him go. RESPECT FOR ONCE.” She wrote on her social media page.

“He said to me: ‘Look, now the season is over and everyone has a few days off. Then we go to play the Europa League… I’m not going to count on you because you haven’t trained for four months’.”

He added on his future plans: “My idea is also to try to stay at Estudiantes. I played a game, got injured and all of this happened.

“That is why I will see in September if the loan can be extended and continue for a few more months.”

Continue Reading

Manchester United

How Rivaldo advised Gabriel Veron against Man United

Published

on

Gabriel Veron has been advised by Barcelona legend Rivaldo not to consider a move to Man United, and make a move to Man City.

This remains a big blow to the Red Devils in their chase of the 18-year-old Brazilian

Gabriel Veron has grabbed a lot of eyeballs since breaking into the Palmeiras first-team setup in 2019.

He has continued to impress with consistency over the past 18 months at the Allianz Parque, the reason why he is attracting interests from top clubs of in the world.

The likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have all indicated interest in the 18-year-old, but Premier League duo Manchester City and Manchester United are at the front row with the Citizens now favourites as advised by Brazilian legend.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen on a right wing player as he was unable to land England international winger Jadon Sancho.

This is the reason why Solskjaer invested in the signature of Amad Diallo from Atalanta as a solution for the future, while Facundo Pellistri has been pencilled down for the future as well as he has been sent out on loan.

Raheem Sterling and Riyad Mahrez are the only natural wingers with Pep Guardiola and that could mean a chance for the Brazilian as they have been handed a major advantage with the advice by football legend Rivaldo.

Rivaldo has urged Veron to snub Manchester United and instead join Manchester City.

The Barcelona legend said,

“There are strong rumours that Manchester United and Manchester City are chasing Gabriel Veron’s signing from Palmeiras and I think that the Manchester club that wins this particular fight will be properly rewarded.”

“Veron has lots of talent and a bright future ahead so it’s no coincidence to see two big English clubs chasing him, and he could perform for either club without problems. If he has the choice between the two clubs, I suggest City because they are the more stable club nowadays, with a solid tactical system implemented by Pep Guardiola, which is not the case with Manchester United, despite also being a fantastic club.”

Continue Reading

Manchester United

Manchester United not interested in Dayot Upamecano

Published

on

It has been revealed that English Premier League outfit Man United were never interested in the signature of RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano as reported in the media.

Upamecano’s agent confirmed on Monday that there is a €42.5m (£37.45m) release clause in the defender’s contract that kicks in at the end of the season.

It is a known fact that the Red Devils are in search of a defender to partner Harry Maguire and it was alleged that they are in the bidding for Dayot Upamecano but this rumour has been dismissed by Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who has now revealed that the player was only wanted by Liverpool and Chelsea, aside his team as both clubs submitted attractive offers for his signature.

Rummenigge said, “In addition to Bayern Munich, there are at least two quite attractive clubs interested, the fact is that the player is interesting, and the fact is that we lose David Alaba in that position.”

“I can’t say if there will be other departures in that position.”

He added that “You have to let things grow in peace. We have a good relationship with Mr Struth (Agent). The player will know what he wants at some point,”

“We have a good relationship with RB Leipzig as well. I have had a conversation with Oliver Mintzlaff. When things become concrete, we’ll talk again.”

“The fact that Chelsea and Liverpool are also interested in him proves that he has very good qualities. He can replace David Alaba.”

Meanwhile, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said that he will not bring in any new player to the club again.

Continue Reading

Trending