Connect with us

Manchester United

Man United could include two key players to land one, journalist says its expensive

Published

on

Man Utd are reportedly willing to include Donny van de Beek or Paul Pogba in a potential deal that will land Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane.

This is after a journalist claimed on Sunday that a deal was ‘very close’ for Varane, while another report on Saturday said that Real Madrid had given him the ‘green light’ to discuss a move away from the Bernabeu.

However, a transfer fee has not been agreed upon as Man United seeks to avoid paying ‘more than €45m’ with Varane’s contract due to expire next summer.

Football journalist Duncan Castles claims Man Utd could look to include Pogba – who the Red Devils signed from Juventus for £89m in 2016 – or his team-mate Van de Beek in any transfer for Varane.

Advertisement

Van de Beek joined the Red Devils last summer in a £35m deal from Ajax.

Castles told The Transfer Window podcast (via the Daily Express): “Varane wants to be paid at the same level as [David] Alaba [€10m per year net]. He feels like he has been underpaid in terms of his contribution and longevity at the club [Real Madrid].

“Now he has got himself in a position where he has the leverage to extract a good deal from a club whether he stays at Real Madrid or moves to the Premier League.

“There is a very strong interest from Manchester United – that’s correct. He’s a player they’ve pursued since he was in French football and they’ve had several goes [at signing him].

Advertisement

“Subsequently, they also see the opportunity to complete that deal but they’re aware it won’t be cheap.

“Florentino Perez was initially indicating a deal of €65m should he have to sell Varane. There is a feeling it might have to come down to €50m.

“There is a possibility of rolling players into the deal in the case of Manchester United. Donny van de Beek is an option seeing as Real Madrid wanted to sign him before he moved to Manchester United.

“Paul Pogba is an alternative option and a player who would like to go to Real Madrid.

Advertisement

“It’s still expensive as a transfer deal even if it’s half of what they paid for Harry Maguire [with] the overall package and the salary.

“It’s an expensive deal regardless of the discount on the transfer fee.”

Manchester United

No assurance for Man United yet as target makes another bold claim over his future

Published

on

PSV star Cody Gakpo says he refused to be carried away by reports of interest in him by Man United.

The player who is tipped to replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford said he is concentrating on the World Cup and not a potential transfer to Manchester United.

Although, he has refused to rule out a move away from PSV when he said that ‘anything is possible’.

‘I’m focused now on the World Cup. It’s always nice to hear but I just focus here and do my best,’ Gakpo said when asked about the interest from United.

Advertisement

‘I don’t get shy about the rumours. It’s nice things that people write, but I’m not too concerned with that.

‘I’m not surprised. I know what I’m capable of but it’s always a challenge to reach your highest level possible and I think I’m not there yet. I think I can improve in a lot of things.

‘It’s a team sport, it’s not about one person. I prefer it to be about the team. Right now I’m busy with the Dutch team.

‘I’ll see what happens in the winter. In soccer, anything is possible.’

Advertisement

The 23-year-old caught the attention of European clubs follows his fine form for PSV, with 13 goals and made 17 assists in just 24 games so far this season.

Continue Reading

Manchester United

Gary Neville hints at Ronaldo’s destination after United exit

Published

on

Manchester United legend, Gary Neville has hinted that forward, Cristiano Ronaldo will join a ‘top’ European Champions League club in January.

Ronaldo has left Old Trafford as his contract with the Red Devils was terminated by mutual consent.

According to Neville, Ronaldo will sign a five-month deal with the undisclosed top European club until the more lucrative offers from the Middle East or America.

Gray Neville therefore predicted that the Portugal captain would score 20 goals for the club before the end of the current season.

Advertisement

“I think Cristiano Ronaldo is going to be looking for a top club on a four-month or five-month contract where he can go in and do a brilliant cameo role at the very elite of European football,” Neville told Sky Sports.

“That is what I think his priority would be – to stay in the Champions League, to stay at the very top and prove that what happened at Manchester United was not right.

“I think he’s got four or five great months in him somewhere where he will go in and score 15 or 20 goals in that period. Everybody in Manchester will say “why didn’t we keep him?” and people in the Premier League will as well.

“But he has that in him and I would say that would be his priority. I think he will get to the end of the season and then think about the next two years and what his last football project might look like. Is it in the US? Is it in the Middle East? Is it somewhere else in Europe where he has not played before?

Advertisement

“I hope he does really well wherever he goes. I didn’t work out in Manchester in the end, but it was the right thing for the club to do in breaking ties and it was the right thing for Cristiano to do.”

Continue Reading

Arsenal

Arsenal fans learn this player wants to leave Emirates Stadium

Published

on

Emerging reports have indicated that defender Cedric Soares is seemingly interested in quitting Arsenal this January.

This is coming as the North London outfit is making efforts to beef their team ahead of the January winter transfer window.

The Portugal international has only managed 27 minutes of Premier League football under Mikel Arteta this season and he is expectedly unhappy with the situation.

According to Calciomercato [as covered by HITC Sport] earlier in November, a winter transfer to Fulham could be on the cards for the 31-year-old if the Gunners permit.

Advertisement

However, Sky Sports reporter Michael Bridge has confirmed that the former Southampton right-back wants to leave the Emirates Stadium outfit.

Although the reporter noted that a move is not sacrosanct as Arteta and Edu will not allow any exit until they are able to sign a replacement.

Meanwhile, there are no talks of a defender in this January transfer window.

Michael Bridge told Give Me Sport: “For example, there’s a lot of interest in Cedric and my understanding is he wants to move on, but Arsenal won’t allow that unless they bring someone else in.

Advertisement

“I think, at Arsenal, maybe we’ll see one or two coming in and one or two going out in January. But I think it would be quality coming in and surplus going out. ”

Howbeit, Mikel Arteta is expected to focus on bringing in players in January and not sanctioning exits of fringe players.

Continue Reading

Manchester United

Erik ten Hag’s exit looms after stunning claim by Paul Parker

Published

on

Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker has claimed that Erik ten Hag could be forced out of Man United if new owners take over the club.

This is as Parker described the Glazer family’s ownership of the club as an ‘absolute living nightmare’.

Although, the Glazers are now open to the idea of an outright sale with names already speculated as possible buyers.

Parker, who played over 100 games for United, has now also slammed the Glazer family and is concerned new owners may want to replace manager Ten Hag.

Advertisement

‘[The] Glazers’ time in Man United has really been dramatic,’ Parker told Futbin. ‘No one realised how bad it was going to end when Sir Alex Ferguson left.

‘[The] Glazers have been an absolute living nightmare, especially after Robin Van Persie and Sir Alex Ferguson left.

‘The thing I’m most concerned about is that the new owners might want to bring in their own manager and if that happens, Man United has to start from scratch again.’

Meanwhile, Tech giants Apple have emerged as potential new owners of United with the net worth of the company placed at £2 trillion.

Advertisement

Should Apple firm up their interest, they could team up with club legend David Beckham, who is reportedly open to teaming up with potential bidders.

Continue Reading

Manchester United

United told this ‘flitty’ World Cup star can’t replace Ronaldo

Published

on

Former player, Teddy Sheringham has told Manchester United that they do not need to sign highly-rated winger Cody Gakpo, even after his World Cup heroics.

He argued that the PSV star cannot replace Ronaldo who has left the club as a free player.

Gakpo has long been linked with a move to Arsenal and the Red Devils as he continues to impres as one of the best young talents in the game right now, having recorded a staggering 13 goals and 17 assists in just 24 games for his club so far this season.

Now that Ronaldo has left Old Trafford, he is tipped to replace him.

Advertisement

‘Man United do not need another flitty player like Gakpo in their ranks,’ the former striker told BoyleSports.

‘We need a centre-forward who can lead the line now that [Cristiano] Ronaldo has gone. We need a focal point for the team to hit and who can bring players into play.

‘We cannot go for another technical player who can play as a winger or a false nine. We already have so many of those in [Anthony] Martial, [Marcus] Rashford and [Jadon] Sancho and right now it’s a bit of a detriment to be honest.’

The decision would be left for the Red Devils and manager Erik ten Hag to make it he will be interested in Gakpo while it is yet to be seen if PSV will be ready to part ways with him.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Manchester United

United told why a move for this Bundesliga sensation is wast of time

Published

on

Former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand has told the Red Devils that a move for Borussia Dortmund sensation Jude Bellingham would be a waste of time as he won’t consider the club.

Ferdinand said the youngster would rather join Manchester City if he is to make a move to the English Premier League

19-year-old enjoyed a sparkling World Cup debut on Monday with a goal in the 6-2 win over Iran.

He has been linked with a move to Man United and other top European clubs ahead of the coming transfer windows.

Advertisement

Speaking on Vibe With Five podcast after the game, Ferdinand said the only way Bellingham will join United is if he feels he can be the catalyst for change.

In his words, said: “I actually think if you put yourself in Jude Bellingham’s shoes right now you have for instance, [Manchester] City are going to be in for him.

“Real Madrid are going to be in for him, Barcelona are going to be in for him, Bayern will probably go in for him.

“There’s too much work to be done at [Manchester] United. It is whether he thinks ‘you know what, I can be the catalyst to pull this club where it should be” that is the only way he goes.’”

Advertisement

The Bundesliga club has already made it clear they won’t stand in the teenager’s way should he demand a move.

Recall also that the youngster allegedly said he would prefer a move to Real Madrid if he is to leave Borussia Dortmund.

Continue Reading

Manchester United

Former manager makes stunning revelation on how United almost signed Saido Mane but failed

Published

on

Louis van Gaal has revealed that he wanting to sign Sadio Mane when he was manager of Manchester United.

Mane, who was unable to make it to the World Cup with Senegal dominated in the Premier League with Liverpool before making his move to Bayern Munich.

The Dutchman had a brief, but memorable, stint in charge of Manchester United from 2012-14 and recalls wanting to sign the Senegalese star at the time.

‘I wanted him when I was the manager at Man Utd,’ said Van Gaal. ‘I chased him at the time. I am a fan of Mane. He can break open a match and I would say Senegal will really miss him.’

Advertisement

Louis van Gaal, however, did not come clean on why his move to sign the former Liverpool star failed when he was at Red Bull Salzburg from 2012-14 before moving to Southampton for just under £12m.

Meanwhile, Van Gaal is now in charge of Netherlands and his side is expected to take on Senegal at the World Cup in Qatar on Monday, without Mane.

No doubt the Bayern Munich star would have been a threat and his absence would be missed by his teammates and the country at large.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Manchester United

Another attacker reveals how close he came to joining United, makes big revelation

Published

on

Former Manchester United transfer target Marko Arnautovic has revealed that he came very close to moving to Old Trafford.

Recall that the Bologna forward was top on United’s shortlist during the summer, with Erik ten Hag’s side keen to land the services of the ex-Stoke and West Ham star but there were criticisms from fans and pundits that he is the exact opposite type of player that United should have been targeting.

The Red Devils then slowed down on the deal after having a £7.5million bid rejected by the Serie A side.

Arnautovic’s agent previously claimed that the player also rejected the move but the 33-year-old has now confirmed, though he admitted it was not the easiest call to make.

Advertisement

‘Manchester United tried to sign me several times,’ the Austrian international told Laola1.

‘And it was a difficult decision to stay in Italy because my family wanted to return to England.

‘For me it’s clear that the Red Devils remain at the top of the universe. And Bologna, as a name, are not. But that’s fine.

‘Here everything is calm, you have time for yourself and no stress. This is only good for me.’

Advertisement

With the Red Devils seeking a new striker, Nigeria international Victor Osimhen is the target for the club.

Continue Reading

Trending